June is HERE and I’m so excited to share the Recipe of the Month! *A reminder that we are no longer called the “AK Dinner Party,” please note that the new hashtag for sharing is #AKRecipeoftheMonth.
IMPORTANT: please scroll down and read below for all of the deets on this month’s recipe, key dates for the month, how to enter the giveaway, and our charity of the month!
If you haven’t yet, enter your name & email below to get Recipe of the Month updates throughout the month and to be the first in line to see next month’s recipe.
June’s Recipe of the Month
You’re going to LOVE June’s Recipe of the Month: Fresh Strawberry Shortcake Bread with Strawberry Glaze! This gorgeous bread is gluten free, easy to make, and packed with lovely strawberry flavor.
We have many different ways that you can customize this bread to truly make it your own. Check them out below and, of course, read through the recipe blog post itself for all of the tips you’ll need (plus more flavor varieties to try like lemon & chocolate chip!):
- Pick a yogurt flavor. If you don’t have strawberry yogurt feel free to use vanilla or plain yogurt instead.
- Choose the oil. Instead of coconut oil, you can also use melted butter, melted vegan butter, or olive oil.
- Out of almond extract? Feel free to simply omit. Though I highly recommend getting some because it adds amazing flavor.
- Go dairy free. Use any dairy-free yogurt you’d like. Siggi’s has amazing plant-based yogurt cups that would be great for keeping this strawberry bread dairy free.
- Try it refined sugar free: you can also try my paleo powdered sugar in the glaze if you’d like to keep the bread refined sugar free. Or skip the glaze altogether.
Here’s how the Recipe of the Month works
- The recipe: on the first Wednesday of each month we’ll share a reader-favorite Ambitious Kitchen recipe to make that month. You have the entire month to make the recipe!
- The giveaway: When you make the recipe (anytime during the month!) you have two different ways to enter to win a $100 lululemon gift card. We’ll randomly select a winner at the end of the month. See below for the two ways to share! Must be 18 years or older, USA & Canada only.
Two ways to enter the giveaway
When you make the recipe, there are two different ways to share your creation with us to enter to win the $100 lululemon gift card (18 years or older, U.S. and Canada only):
1. On the blog: leave a comment and rate the recipe here with the hashtag #AKRecipeoftheMonth, plus your name and email (so we know you made it!) Scroll all the way past the recipe itself in the blog to where it says “Leave a comment & a rating.” Boom!
2. On social media: Share a photo of your recipe creation on social via Instagram (stories or in-feed), TikTok, or in our Facebook Group by tagging @ambitiouskitchen and adding the hashtag #AKRecipeoftheMonth. *Please note for Instagram your profile must be public so that we can see your posts.
- Wednesday, June 6th: June’s recipe is here! On this date, you can start baking & sharing your recipe photos on social and on the blog.
- Friday, June 30th: the last day to submit your recipe photos on social and on the blog.
- Monday, July 3rd: giveaway winner selected, notified via email, and shared on social.
- Wednesday, July 5th: July’s Recipe of the Month announced!
Let’s give back
Each month we’ll pick a new organization where we’ll donate funds as a way to spread the love and do some good. This month we’re donating to Trans Lifeline, a nonprofit grassroots hotline that offers direct emotional and financial support to trans people in crisis.
Join us in donating to this important cause by clicking here!
Join the party
Ready to join the party and get cooking? If you haven’t yet, enter your email below and we’ll send you the recipe as soon as it drops at the beginning of each month, reminders about the giveaway, announce the winners, and more. Let’s do this!
Past Recipes of the Month
- February: Sweet & Spicy Hot Chili Chicken Noodles, donating to Digs with Dignity.
- March: Sweet & Spicy Sesame Chicken Meatball Bowls, donating to International Rescue Committee.
- April: Vegan Pasta Primavera with Creamy Garlic Cashew Sauce, donating to FoodCorps.
- May: Damn Good Salmon Taco Bowls For Two, donating to National Abortion Federation Hotline Fund
- June: 30 Minute Brown Butter Goat Cheese Grilled Veggie Orzo, donating to the National Parks Foundation
- July: Crazy Good Street Corn Chicken Tacos, donating to the Brave Space
- August: Pesto Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats, donating to the ACLU
- September: One Pan Thai-Inspired Coconut Yellow Curry Chicken & Rice, donating to Adopt a Classroom
- October: Spicy Black Bean Chicken Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sour Cream Sauce, donating to Techos Pa Mi Gente
- November: Dad’s Creamy & Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes, donating to Free Root Operation.
- December: Incredible Gingerbread Oatmeal Cream Pies, donating to The Love Fridge.
- January: Healing Curry Butternut Squash Lentil Soup, donating to The Sierra Club.
- February: Grain Free Tahini Brownies, donating to the Marsha P. Johnson Institute.
- March: One Pan Ginger Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce, donating to the Syrian American Medical Society.
- April: Lemon Poppy Seed Blueberry Baked Oatmeal, donating to Every Town for Gun Safety.
- May: Italian Chopped Brussels Sprouts Salad, donating to Earth Justice.